Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Puzzles "Our Lord's Corner" (April Edition)



My wife, Michele and I like puzzles. Usually we work on 1000 piece puzzles sometimes 2000 never anything less than 500. At the present time we are slowly working on a 2000 piece nighttime of Times Square, New Year’s Eve, a most difficult challenge.

          Puzzles remind me of life. One goes through it constantly trying to fit the right pieces into the right place at the right time. Sometimes succeeding sometimes, a lot of times failing.

          Life without God and Christ is like a puzzle without the picture and you’re by yourself. There is much more guessing and many more failures. I know the first 19 years of my life was like that. I had not missed behaved but I was struggling to know who I was or what the puzzle looked like. I wanted to do the right thing place the correct pieces of the puzzle into the right place. But I just had no idea of why and how.

          My U.S. Army recruiter had changed that for me. He thankfully went boldly in a non-politically correct way and while on the middle of the traffic jammed Schuylkill expressway witnessed to me as to whom Jesus Christ is. My life change then as the picture of my puzzle came into view for the first time. I know longer was alone in putting the puzzle of my life together. Each piece became easier to place. I may not always be right in the placing of the pieces, but I know that I am not alone while working the puzzle.

          This Easter, April 20th is the time marking the rising from the dead of our savior, Gods son, Jesus Christ. In John we are taught. John 3 16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. This is a very simple concept. We are all sinners, God realizes this, Instead of continual sacrifices of lambs for the atonement of sins, he (God) once and for all sent his son to be the final sacrificial lamb. (Lamb of God). All you have to do is 1) Realize no matter what, God loves you. 2) Realize you are a sinner 3) Know that God will not have sin with him and turn away from sin. 4) Believe that Jesus sacrificed himself, died for your sins. 5) Know that you are forgiven and begin a new life.

          This is the time to get the picture of your puzzle in front of you. Find a partner in placing those small but all important pieces. Find Christ today! You don’t need me there or anyone else. Find a quiet spot or loud...look up, look down...Just for a moment know that you can’t do life by yourself anymore and just have a chat with the Lord, he is listening all the time. Then as you place that final black colored piece into place you will realize it was part of the tunnel behind you in the puzzle of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment