Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Who Died and Left You in Charge "Our Lord's Corner" (March Edition)

Luke 6:37
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.
(New American Standard Version)

            Regardless the version and the rationalization, we are taught not to judge.  This past year, I have seen, many “Born again Christians” as I, who have brought much pain to others and me.
            In the latter part of this year, one person vilified me for not listening to them, as they wanted me to vilify someone else.  Our friendship and business relationship ended at that time.
            Another individual whom I remember vividly bragged to my son, a pastor, about being a Christian as he showed off his Ixoye (Christian “sign of the fish”) tattooed to his chest.  Then, 15 minutes later, the individual was sitting at the dinner table as he, in a vile fashion, described his hatred of a mentally ill person.  At another time, that same person would provoke a fight at a restaurant, only because he was asked politely to watch his language.
            So many times I have witnessed Christians, who not only observe the fruit of the tree, but picked and threw the fruit, at anyone who they chose.
            I have to ask, as you should.  Has our God died and leave them in charge?  Did he leave us in charge?

No comments:

Post a Comment